Friday, April 18, 2014

Elliott Erwitt, Robert Frank, Ernst Haas on Seeing



Elliott Erwitt
"It’s about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a hobby." --Elliott, Erwitt

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place.... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." --Elliott, Erwitt

May I repeat that last one? ? "...little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Robert Frank
“It is always the instantaneous reaction to oneself that produces a photograph.” – Robert Frank

Ernst Haas
"I am not interested in shooting new things - I am interested to see things new." -- Ernst Haas 

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." --Ernst Haas

No comments: