Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Robert Mapplethorpe


I never liked photography. Not for the sake of photography. I like the object. I like the photographs when you hold them in your hand. - Robert Mapplethorpe 

If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up. - Robert Mapplethorpe 

I like to look at pictures, all kinds. And all those things you absorb come out subconsciously one way or another. You'll be taking photographs and suddenly know that you have resources from having looked at a lot of them before. There is no way you can avoid this. But this kind of subconscious influence is good, and it certainly can work for one. In fact, the more pictures you see, the better you are as a photographer. - Robert Mapplethorpe


Robert Mapplethorpe bio on Wikipedia

No comments: